Friday 19 April 2013

In what ways does your media product use,develop or challenge forms and conventions of a real media product

These are two magazines that I was inspired by, and I analysed it several times during my research and planning as it allowed me to visualize what kind of magazine I wanted to create and the features I wanted to use for my magazine. For example my masthead's font colour is similar to NME's as I wanted to use the colour red because it symbolized the rock theme, also it is a typical colour used in rock magazines, as well as the colour black. However black and red, are two colours I used throughout my whole media product, as it was a typical convention of a rock magazine. Furthermore, NME features old artists, however I decided to develop this convention, and feature new artists as my target audience wanted to see new artists featured more. Also the main cover lines I used were similar to Kerrang's as Kerrang once featured 'the 50 greatest music artists', also NME used a plug, my magazine also featured a plug to engage the audience. Many rock magazines use superlatives in plug's, main cover lines and skyline, I decided to use that convention as its featured in many popular magazines. I added two superlatives with my cover lines and my skyline as its an important feature.

Kerrang's main images usually features male bamds, and rarely uses female artists or female bands as their main image, I decided to challenge this convention, by using a female rock artist as my main image, so that my magazine could have its own USP as well as making it look different towards the audience I'm aiming it at.

No comments:

Post a Comment