Friday 19 April 2013

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Evaluation by hudahaid14' on GoAnimate

Video Maker - Powered by GoAnimate.

Which technologies have you used for your research, planning, production and evaluation
stages of your product?
 Why did you use these?
 Why have these been useful?
 Which new skills have you developed? How have these been helpful?
o Include examples if possible.
 Which skills have you improved during the project?
o Include examples if possible.
 If you had to make another music magazine, what would help you further develop your use of
technology?
-powtoon
-go animate
-slideshare

Since the start of my preliminary task, I didn't have much experience in using editing software's like Photoshop, which is a beneficial software which would help me create a good magazine, double page spread and contents page. Photoshop allowed me to edit images that I would use for both research and planing and my production, also I could change the setting of many images. However because I made a student magazine for my preliminary task, my knowledge on using technologies increased, allowing my products to be suitable for my target audience. Another crucial technology I used for my production, was Dafont, which was a website that allowed me to download fonts and to use them for my masthead and my double page spread, it was an easier solution as if I didn't use Dafont my magazine, would probably not be as professional as it looks. It actually looks like a real and sophisticated magazine and double page spread.

In addition to, for me to be able to show my teacher my media coursework, and my main project, I had to create a blog in order for him and the examiner to view. I had never created a blog before and I didn't know how use one, but after creating it, I gained many IT skills, and it would be useful for me when I create my next project. I have also used digital camera's so that I would be able to take images for my research and planning, these images would be use for my magazine, double page spread and contents page. I needed a variety of images so that I would be able to choose a good enough image for all three, also my contents page needed a variety of images so that my audience would be attracted to it. However I have gained photography skills, as I used a digital camera many times, I have learnt many new skills such as I now know how to angle the camera, also I know how to direct the model I'm using. For example I could direct her to pose or make a direct mode of address to the camera. If I didn't have these type of equipment, I probably wouldn't be able to have a good magazine as if your image wasn't good enough, my whole magazine wouldn't look as real as it does now, and it wouldn't attract my audience. So I have gained many skills and there have been many advantages to using digital camera's.

Furthermore, I also used prezi, which is an online power-point, it allowed me to create presentations for my research and planning and my evaluation. It was more efficient then using software's like power-point  It was an easy solution to then using power-point.I have gained many new IT skills after using Prezi, and not only did I gain new skills but it was useful, as I could create professional presentation's for my evaluation. As its a creative way to produce my main project. I could also add audio and images which was useful as I wanted to annotate my final products.

For my evaluation, I used powtoon which is an animated software that allowed me to create a presentation  I wanted to use powtoon because it allowed me to present my evaluation in a creative way. Also I gained many IT skills, as my knowledge on animation also increased. I hope to use powtoon again, as my evaluation was presented creatively and before doing the main project, I didn't know many websites that would allow me to animate my work. I could add features, such as images of a stick man talking, a women thinking etc.

Another website I used which was quite similar to powtoon was go animate which allowed me to answer this question, I'm answering right now. It was useful as I could add a memo of myself talking and the stick women was talking for me. It allowed me to show my creative side,therefore I have gained skills such as editing my memo, and editing the text several times as there was some spelling and grammar errors. I used go animate for my evaluation question, if I was to use this software again, I would probably make my memo shorter as it cut off my speech halfway through.

As I have mentioned several times, I used most of these software's and websites to create presentations for my evaluation questions. For example I used slide share for this question "What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?". It was a useful website as I needed to create several slides to answer that question. However I had used slide-share before for my research and planning, therefore it was very easy to produce. Its a useful website and it allowed me to gain many skills such as IT skills. Before creating a slide share, I had to use Power-point to create a presentation and had to send it to slide share, therefore I had to use two types of technologies for it.

Another type of technology I used was a sound cloud, which was a website that allowed me to upload my memo from my smart-phone to sound-cloud  Sound-cloud was very useful as I could add my voice to a website and upload to Blogger, I wanted to use this website because I wanted to present my work in a very suitable way. From the start of my preliminary task, I didn't know much about the technologies I have used from my research and planning, production and evaluation. However I now have increased knowledge on many technologies, and it would be useful for me for the next project I do for media. If I had to make another music magazine, I would probably research more technologies and use different types of technologies I used for my main project as I want to progress my knowledge and understanding of technologies. 





No comments:

Post a Comment